I’m at the inquiry stage of seeing if a seizure response dog would be beneficial for Colleen. Over the years, we’ve bought both the Embrace watch and Sami cam to help make sure Colleen is safe.
But, now that she is walking more and more at school at home, it’s still scary to think that at any moment, she could have a seizure or myoclonic jerk. That moment came last week when she had a myoclonic jerk right into her toy. With her face. Ugh..she was brought to urgent care since it looked like she might possible need stitches. Thankfully, the swelling went down and no stitches required. She was still left with a nasty black eye.
Thank goodness for frankincense essential oil! Waiting to hear back if a seizure response dog would be an option. I sincerely hope so, but it means we have to minimally fund $10,000 ourselves. I think we can do it! Also want to get her in for a second stem cell treatment!
In other news, Colleen was nominated for Make-a-wish! It’s still at the beginning stages for that as well, but I’m so excited to her. She decided that meeting Anna and Elsa at Disney would be her wish. I’ll keep you up to date when that will be happening!
Til next time,